paddle for joint pain relief

Narrow Tip First Generation Baby Wing
Unfortunately, they don’t make them anymore, but because you paddle laterally with the edge leading, the blade was kind to my joints. I wish Patrick of Onno Paddles would make these old fashion blades available again?

Please try the canoe paddle
I also have issues with joint pain and take shark cartilage, glucosamine, wear neoprene sleves, a wrist brace,etc. Twice I did the 90 in a thunderbolt and it hurt. Once in a canoe and no joint pain. Wide heavy slow kayaks are a lot of work to paddle. But a fast boat like my 26# mohican ski is also a lot of work.

Correct canoe technique is to paddle with arms straight out in front. I do not have a canoe so please do not think I am trying to push you into a canoe. I do love my 3 kayaks with a total new price of 8 grand. Kevlar seda glider with tiller steering-2 grand. kevlar eft by west side boat shop-$2300 and only 4 grand for van dusen mohican ski.

I try to do 1,000 miles per year in the boats and have you tube video of kayaking upstream. The big paddle grabs a lot of water. The small blade on the canoe paddle is low impact, especially the 8oz bent shaft. You have rest phase with the canoe paddle. You could try it with a kayak.