Paddle length and shoulder stress

the golden mean
you got it

String, I herby extend an invitation
to you to join the ranks of the P-Net Troublemakers, which gives you the right to sit around a campfire with the likes of RGams and I, making plans to stir up trouble online. The only requirement for membership is to post at least one question per quarter that will brew up controversy.

Oh, wait, I believe you are already a member??? I seem to remember something about orange peels…

I vote for trying a smaller-area blade before a shorter one. I’m going to fabricate a longish GP-style stick for my Magic this winter.

Jim

LOPNT

(Loyal Order of P-Net Troublemakers)

Good discussion. I have been working
on the shoulder at the gym, but since it flared up I’ve had to back off on the weight. I think Lee and others nailed it - 2 trips in screaming wind caused it to flare up and it needs some recovery time.

My plan was to do some gentle paddling last Saturday, but when you are on the wrong end of the lake and a hurricane hits, you don’t have much choice.

I considered not adding the last sentence to the original post, but the Troll in me snuck out. I still wonder how anyone will help improve my stroke without photos or coaching.

Sir, I am honored to be thought of
in such august company.I think orange peels was a classic as was the PFD one. The odd thing was , I had no idea what hot buttons those were. I was younger and innocent back then.

it’s hard to be restrained
when high hp is required, at some point it’s the effort over time and no changes in technique or equipment will change that.

Even for invulnerable 20 somethings and superfit athletes.

Longish Greenland stick
Hey Jim,

If you make it to Raystown, try my Aleut paddle as food for thought…

Dave

I have a GSP on the den wall made to
my size. I’ll try it.

Bicycling

It’s fairly common for new cyclists to use too high a gear. Often, they hurt their knees.

Learning to spin (ie, use a high cadance), and taking it easy, often helps the recovery.

Also, spinning tends to avoid the knee problems (in the first place).

Hurricanes?

– Last Updated: Sep-17-07 3:50 PM EST –

Maybe, you should check the weather report before going out!

You could have indicated that you've studied the Reitz's video and accomplished the same thing (and avoided the nasty tone).

That is, you could have spent a bit more time writing your post at the start.

Raystown
is on my calendar in ink. Come Hell or High Water…

Thanks for the offer!

Jim