Paddle Plan

Reading this site and some Google searches will educate you a lot and help you find a good canoe. It has certainly helped me. I’ve bought 2 canoes off FB marketplace this fall each for $200 (one solo one tandem). Both Royalex boats in fair to good condition. I’m guessing your paddle season is pretty close to over in IN. Settle in and check Craigslist and FB often and I bet you’ll find a deal. You might splurge on the solo a bit since it sounds like it will be your baby…and nice solos seem hard to find. Good luck!

Depends on your local market and how bad you might want it however, I’d say the $700 is rather a bit optimistic. $400 - $450 just because it’s Kevlar but there is still a crack to patch and then there is that dent.

Today I purchased a like new Wenonah T-formex Prospector 15 and a well storied Wenonah Kevlar Prism. I got a great deal on the pair of them and the seller was only a two hour drive away. This pair will be a tremendous launch into boat ownership. I can’t wait for our upcoming move to a lake house. I’ve been dreaming of this for a LONG time. Thank you all for your advice and recommendations.

2 Likes