Paddling in traffic

@willowleaf thats crazy, but true. You need a paddle washing machine. I almost bought a wood boat kit, but I couldn’t stand beating it up. I built a room addition on my house, and the drywall joint patch is so flawless, my wife is livid because I won’t allow nails to hang pictures, or any other method. Period.

I was relutctant to use my nice shining new paddle and was fortunate because I prefer the Euro paddle. The Greenland is tall enough to sit in a corner. No nails in the wall. I could never use a fancy paddle, because I’m too offie and would beat it up.

Stagnant beauty is just that.

1 Like

I used to look at your videos about hiking and camping, but I can’t find them since I upgraded my computer… can you give me the link?

@string thats why I try not to buy nice looking toys. There are exceptions, but not for boats or paddles.

My general criteria are functional and durable.
Until my most recent and foolish buy. It is both with a normal sized paddler.

Oh I want to see that

Make peace with your wife. A room without art (and books) is like a body without a soul. Install a carefully mitered modest cove molding with a classic picture rail below it around the perimeter of the room. It will add a touch of class and allow her to hang whatever she wants without blemishing the sacred drywall.

I can admire the shiny when new but have more appreciation for the patina of age and history that develops from using one’s things to improve and enjoy life.

7 Likes

Negative @willowleaf. The walls stay pristine. Not a joint, nail hole, blemish or paint roller mark. The walls ARE art, and they will stay that way.

not for ever :sob::disappointed::sob:

I was in construction for 20 years, and I think you need to unclench! My wife is an art dealer and we have 100+ artworks in the house from her terrific, talented artists, some of whom are my ofd friends from the jobsite way back when.

Embrace the nail holes — there’s a world full of spackle out there to fix those minor offences against perfection. You could be looking at great things hanging on your walls every day instead of the shiny nothing of bare walls. Seriously…

2 Likes

This, a hundred times over…

2 Likes

Forever mahn, until I decide no!

1 Like

My wife recommends she nail the divorce papers to the wall. :wink:

3 Likes

no paint?

Oh, the paint brought it all togrther. I don’t have much wall space. The north wall is a step out bay with nearly 100% window, except about 10 inches between the millwork.

1 Like

Good spot for a GP?

Hmmmm! That wouldn’t be fair, but a Greenland would look good propped in the corner. The room is 8’ 6"high and the paddle is 8’ long!

1 Like

@coronaboy @MohaveFlyer

This must be a mistake. I’ve never made any such videos myself, let alone posted such stuff online… :slight_smile:

But you might mean videos of other authors that I linked here as my favourites? If so, here’s a short list: Steve Flusswanderer, Maratokambo, ToBoFilm, Riverwalker, Ingo Ammerhai. These are the German speaking ones, mostly inflatable kayakers. There aren’t many Czechs who I follow but here’s a gem: the videos of 77 years old Mr. Aleš Polidor, a paddler, a pilot, a climber, a fantastic person. Here he’s paddling through Prague and here he’s in a supercool doublevideo of himself climbing the same rock in years 1968 and 2018, after fifty years, at 22 and 72!

Oh, and a funny bonus :smiley:

Have a nice day.

1 Like

We plan to drive to Prague this week, can you recommend any lakes? I was thinking we should check out the area they call Bohemia maybe?

I’ve sent you a PM.