Perception Dancer worth it?

Why, thank you for directing my hopes.

Perception Dancer kayak
Re: Perception Dancer as a good kayak

I have had a classic perception dancer for about 25 years. I used to do whitewater kayaking but now want to sell the Dancer and switch to a sit on top Liquid Logic.

The Dancer is an excellent kayak, it has impeccable handling capability, it can turn on a dime, and is obedient to your every move. If I took friends out to kayak on flat water I would lend them my kayak and take the rental one myself because once you have a half hour of instruction on the handling of the Dancer it is a much easier kayak to paddle than a sluggish poorly designed kayak that is usually the ones that are rented.

My kayak has padding applied to the interior to make it one with your body. I am a 135 pound woman, the kayak is for a person who is relatively small in build as the padding creates a very snug fit. I have a complete set of four flotation bags. I am selling the kayak for $400. It is pale mauve in colour and in excellent condition, but for many years of scratches but none that are deep, and none affect function.

Virve Georgeson

Perception Dancer kayak
Re: Perception Dancer as a good kayak

I have had a classic perception dancer for about 25 years. I used to do whitewater kayaking but now want to sell the Dancer and switch to a sit on top Liquid Logic.

The Dancer is an excellent kayak, it has impeccable handling capability, it can turn on a dime, and is obedient to your every move. If I took friends out to kayak on flat water I would lend them my kayak and take the rental one myself because once you have a half hour of instruction on the handling of the Dancer it is a much easier kayak to paddle than a sluggish poorly designed kayak that is usually the ones that are rented.

My kayak has padding applied to the interior to make it one with your body. I am a 135 pound woman, the kayak is for a person who is relatively small in build as the padding creates a very snug fit. I have a complete set of four flotation bags. I am selling the kayak for $400. It is pale mauve in colour and in excellent condition, but for many years of scratches but none that are deep, and none affect function.

Virve Georgeson

Dancer
Surprised to hear so many negatives about the Perception Dancer. I bought two this Summer, a Dancer, and a Dancer Pro. They are both very stable out in Lake Michigan waves, but when you stop paddling they tend to turn and slide to a stop. Because they were so much fun in the waves, I decided to install removable skegs on them. Now, they paddle as straight as can be, and take a lot less effort to paddle, and are faster than most of the rec type kayaks I have ever rented!

I would say if you can pick one up, that has been stored properly, for less than $200, you will be much better off than buying a big box type rec boat.