Permanent marker removal

I’ve used acetone to dissolve…
a Rohm & Haas Acryloid occasionally at work. We buy acetone in gallon size cans from a chemicals supplier. I put some in a pint-sized plastic bottle that I took to be a standard Nalgene type that we’ve got around here so as to be handier for dispensing with a pipette. A month later, the bottle was all soft and squishy, not leaking but, obviously some reaction took place. As for fingernail polish, I’ll defer to your expertise. I’m not saying that acetone is not the answer, P-wingz, just that there are safer alternatives.

tktoo , I’m not arguing with you …

– Last Updated: May-22-08 12:23 PM EST –

......... I'm more curious than anything else ....... the plastic bottle w/Acetone in it for a month is interesting , i wonder what type material was the bottle ......... what is a Rohm and Haas Acryloid or should I say which ones , methacrylic and arylic monomers ......... plastics are pretty interesting stuff ..

ALCOHOL
Most permanent markers are alcohol based.

Use the stronges alcohol solution you can find, usually 99% for cleaning needles and wipe with that.

If it stained into the plastic, then buy some stickers like the other posts suggested.

B-72 ethyl methacrylate copolymer
We use it as a coating and consolidant/adhesive. I’m not a chemist. Most of my experience with solvents is based on mistakes I’ve made. Mistakes due to prolonged exposure? Maybe.

Do not use acetone nail polish remover!
Beware! I tried to take the gum from a sticker off my new plastic dvd/vcr player and it started to dissolve the plastic immediately. Sounds like you might want to try the Magic Eraser.

removein permanent marker
tooth paste i no it sounds funny but it worked for me

tooth paste it worked for me
give it a go