PFD for a big guy.

Big Guy PFD
Take a look at the NRS Chinook Vest. Lots of pockets and accessories AND fits up to 58" in XXL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQlkt4pKVes

Life Jacket for Fat Guys
Winning edge makes them now in both neoprene and nylon. Search for winning edge oversized.

Sorry to resurrect a 4 year old post but I thought I would add my experience to this post. I am a big guy at 6’2 and close to 400 pounds. I bought a MTI Solaris 2x/3x and this fits me well and keeps me afloat. I prefer paddling vest as I like the more unrestricted movement when fishing from a boat. I know some will chime in about taking “personal responsibility” but when you have a medical condition, hypothyroidism, coupled with a spinal injury the weight doesn’t just melt off despite best efforts. I still enjoy the outdoors and remain as active as my injury allows. I hope this helps someone and doesn’t keep them from enjoying this place we call Earth.

@Rs130754 said:
Sorry to resurrect a 4 year old post but I thought I would add my experience to this post. I am a big guy at 6’2 and close to 400 pounds. I bought a MTI Solaris 2x/3x and this fits me well and keeps me afloat. I prefer paddling vest as I like the more unrestricted movement when fishing from a boat. I know some will chime in about taking “personal responsibility” but when you have a medical condition, hypothyroidism, coupled with a spinal injury the weight doesn’t just melt off despite best efforts. I still enjoy the outdoors and remain as active as my injury allows. I hope this helps someone and doesn’t keep them from enjoying this place we call Earth.

Good for you for getting out on the water - and thanks for sharing your experience and findings about the PFD.

Best wishes.