pine plywood

lee you da man
back to square one. local ply, chine logs, screws, and 5200. i think its worth a try. epoxy and glass tape the chines, thanks lee

homemade CPES
sounds like you’ve got more experience than me on backyard building and plywood boats. I did make a pirough with 1/4 exterior ply covering the outside with glass. Everything I’ve heard is that if the cheap ply isn’t glassed the “footballs” will become prominent in time.

Thinking about sealing things I’ve mixed up a cheapo penetrating sealer with epoxy dissolved with a bit of lacquer thinner, it’ll make the epoxy kind of rubbery. Make sure and wear a respirator for this mix. Some left in the cup was kind of rubbery hockey puck. Other folks here should chime in if it’s a bad idea but I think if you’re working in a humid environment and want to stretch your epoxy usage that pre-sealing cut panels or at least the end grain could go a long way to preventing end grain soaking up water. I was storing some 3mm Okoume for a couple years and knew it mildewed after a couple seasons if left in a dark damp place so I covered both sides with this mixture and it kept them looking good. I’m not sure what surface is provided for subsequent glassing with this mix but I’m guessing a that after a complete cure, washdown and light rough sanding that subsequent mechanical bonds should be good.