Places to paddle.

Do you understand?
No you don’t understand. How could you? For example you said ‘they paid their debt to society’. Where did you get that? I didn’t say it. You assumed that you knew that was the case. Infact, in most cases it isn’t true. And if they mess up they go back. So, absolutely you try to avoid anything that may cause them problems until they have worked through whatever allowed those things to be problems to them in the first place.

I appreciate the suggestion.
Thanks.

list of rivers in Maine suitable

– Last Updated: Apr-22-08 8:10 AM EST –

for what you need---the Allagash, the St. John--before the end of June, the St Croix, the Machias, the East Machias, Moose River Bow trip--do you need any more or is this enough---you can get more detailed descriptions of these trips in the AMC River Guide for Maine. Some parts of these rivers involve Class II and III which can be portaged. You should buy and read the guide and BTW you don't need a trained commando--you need a trained Guide, licensed by the state---who knows the rivers. does your buddy have a guides license?

Chuck, you’re awesome!! :wink: NM

Michigan Manistee river
hey DNR guy-very near Grayling Michigan you could choose the Manistee or the Au Sauble. The Manistee being the least traffic. IF you go on weekdays the things you wish to avoid will be easy! Weekend not.

We always go on weekdays and have the river mostly to ourselves with a few fisherman. The section of the Manistee you should paddle is south of M-72 for the most privacy. Hope you also realize why your post sounds pretty severe and mysterious to us. We are into paddling for fun and some of us even love groups but to each his own.

you dont rent
or more properly reserve campsites on North Maine Woods Waterways…first come first served. Its five bucks a night pp though the rates may have gone up.

I appreciate the suggestion.
Weekdays aren’t a problem. I’ll check it out.

I have plenty of suggestions now.
David Collins doesn’t come on these canoe trips. I said he is who taught me to canoe. Point being that even he doesn’t know many places that are suitable for these trips either.

As for his certifications, yes, he is. He doesn’t do it for a living. Mostly he just takes people from the school on canoe trips.

Been there …done that
…but didn’t paddle.