PNW heat dome clam bake, or something stinks with how we treat the earth!

I should edit that to read “and want way fewer babies”. Present day birth control doesn’t seem to be keeping our numbers low enough for the climate and other species to do well.

Well, the data I have seen suggests that for those wishing to use birth control, and having free access and education about it, it works very well. And, it is available now. No need to navigate the thorny thicket of moral issues related to genetic modifications of humans.

But trying to solve climate change via birth control, let alone genetic engineering, seems a step removed and a day late. We can’t even get agreement on whether climate change needs to be addressed yet…

Just Sad Dago. Falls under ‘just because you read it, doesn’t mean it’s true’.

" National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) data, presented by International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project"…

LMAOF…

International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project= agenda driven global warming skeptics

An OPINION piece presented by James Taylor president of Spark of Freedom Foundation.

You can waste your own life getting up to speed on who this clown is, where his funding comes from, etc.

Just sad.

Then you have the question of what data is NOAA using? They put all new sensors in, in 2008 because a lot of their sites were questionably located. Some didnt pass their own regs about distance from a possible heat source. Just a few, 90% or therabouts. NOAA also stated that they will need 30 years to gather valid data on the new network. So we have a decade and a half to go.

The thing about “science” is funding. If they need to find answer A so the funding keeps coming in, answer A is what you are going to get. I tend to take anything I hear as “settled science” that is not repeatable and measurable with a grain of salt.

Just the other day we set a record for rainfall in 24 hours this and other rain during the week had them putting out warning to stay off our local creek as conditions were dangerous with falling trees fast current and new and unknown strainers popping up. That hasn’t kept people off the water even though there all kinds of lakes around that are perfectly fine as an alternative. Today there were a couple 911 calls where people got in trouble on the creek and they needed rescued.

So lots of talking about it locally and a neighbor told me get used to it this unusual rainfall will keep coming along with worse weather it is all part of man made climate change. I asked him how he knew that and he said it’s all over the news. I asked him if he knew what record we broke? He didn’t and I told the last records for a close amount were in 1897 and 1906. He said what’s that have to do with anything? I said well it rained that hard 124 years ago was that man made climate change also? He said it likely was. I told him well stop worrying we likely will go a 100 years before it kicks in again. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I am glad we don’t consider ourselves to be part of nature. I don’t want to still live in caves, hunt with sticks or live in animal skin and stick shelters, burning dung as I follow a herd of animals around the plains.
The northern european people and their culture has proven to be superior to all other cultures due to our interest in science, merchantilist thought, and living in harsher climates which rewarded us by making our lives easier in using tools and technology that pulled us away from nature, so we could live better and easier…and we live longer and healthier.

Isn’t planting a crop “modifying” nature? Diverting river water? Putting in dikes/levee systems so people can live in that area? Windmills? Aquaducts? Terraced agriculture?

As we all aren’t sustenance living, we all are using computers, drive vehicles, have AC/heat, eat food not grown in our immediate area, use nylon/plastics, etc.? They are all sort of a “conquest of nature”.

**** this software does not allow me to type the word “wu han”
And people seriously doubt at how gaslighted into a fictional reality the population in general are?
follow the money indeed.
china won the 2020 election in the US.
big tech oligarchs have no problem with genocide and look at humans as a form of crop
Now call out the bots/brainwashed to trash non leftists, remove them from public view.

prohibited word. Truly orwellian. He warned us of leftists.

One of the things I don’t understand is why a certain segement of society seems to really love laughing, yet in real life interactions–or even on algore’s internet–they seem to be anything but jovial and instead, belittling others, rediculing others, bullying others, mocking others with no actual humor to be found by normal people.
Did you really laugh at that? How long and how loud? Starting out with a proclamation of “sad” to wind up laughing out loud seems a bit strange behavior don’t you think?

Do you take the same “skepticism” when viewing the ‘news’ today when they are from groups/people who have an agenda, professional, monetarily, or just personal in the need to control others?
Again, you do know that the made up “97% of scientists” is, well, made up. There were no such scientists but I’m sure you used that number as a talking point.
There are more but you won’t respond, so…

Funding? Do you believe fauci/niad who stated there was no gain of function research at prohibited word or the fauci/niad that funded the gain of function research at prohibited word? How does bill gates’ vaccine foundation fit into fauci/niaid again?

Which fauci/NIH do you believe? Masks don’t work or masks do work? Or 1 mask doesn’t work but two does?

Like I said, I had the noaa actual papers, but that was a few computers ago. I just did a quick check and as is usual in the liberal progressive world today, g00gle seriously disappears what they don’t want people to find and put in the forefront of what they want people to believe.

The “masks don’t work” fauci or the “masks work” fauci or the “need 2 masks to work” fauci?
Some things are just common sense, but one has to not be brainwashed to use it.
“It’ll cover everyone for everything and it will cost less…save a family of four 2500 per year…if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor”.
Did any of that make sense to you? Simple kitchen table economics.

So let’s build nuclear power plants as they are non polluting and limitless.
And hydro electric dams, get busy building them again. I mean the snail darting minnow is meaningless when we are doing it to “save the planet!” no? There will be no pollution for the win-win.
May ideas that are proven, but one just has to want to progress.

[quote]Just sad.
[/quote]

Very true. We can see how brainwashed and programmed our children have become due to govt union ran schools. They can’t do math or write a simple 5 paragraph paper, but they sure can spew out myths and propaganda at the drop of a hat.
Some adults can too.

B and B disappeared for a reason.

1 Like

In case anyone is interested in the latest Ceres satellite study just published showing the increasing energy imbalance from 2001 until 2020.

Anthropogenic forcing and response yield observed positive trend in Earth’s energy imbalance | Nature Communications

This study came out a month ago using in situ ocean temps, and independent satellite data showing the energy imbalance doubled from 2005 to 2019.

Satellite and Ocean Data Reveal Marked Increase in Earth’s Heating Rate - Loeb - 2021 - Geophysical Research Letters - Wiley Online Library

This was published in Nature in July about how the Amazon Forest’s current situation is now producing more CO2 than it is taking up out of the atmosphere.
Amazonia as a carbon source linked to deforestation and climate change | Nature

I posted this not to argue what I think, but show what the current science is finding.

This thread was interesting up until about post 20 when became infected with politics. Seems like it would be hard even for a Moderator to clean this thread up enough to salvage the parts worth keeping.

1 Like

The best post IMO in this thread is the first paragraph of post number 5. The same poster posted that as post number 1 where the political nature of the thread started with the CNN article that was being quoted as science.

The article was a good solid news story from a presumed news organization and did what good news is supposed to do give us the facts who, what, where, when etc. They did just that in the headline and the first few paragraphs and then they started telling a more about this scientist and how he estimated how many billion mussels died and what the cause was and it was of course man made climate change and then the graphs were added in that prove the science beyond any doubt and by the end of the article it concluded like 1000s of other articles reinforcing the narrative CNN wants us to know as the truth.

When I dug into the story more I saw the same narrative picked up by a host of other news organizations and almost word for word the same story. So it is hard to tell who broke the story as media today just cross feeds information back and forth. After some looking I believe I found in some smaller local news more detail perhaps the beginning of the feeding process of the news.

They talked about local mussel farmers that seed beds for harvest and have been for a 100 years and the beds have to be assessable at low tide and on this one day a perfect storm of events happened low tide was at high noon and a unusually hot day happened all together and the seed beds were on black rock and the combination caused the cooking. They went on and explained they normally survive if any one of the 4 factors wasn’t there. This information didn’t come from a scientist though it came from one of the mussel farmers explaining the mess he had.

What makes a story political? I don’t know 100%. I feel most of the news I get is leaning one way or the other not telling you how to vote because after all that is the point of being political. They don’t tell you that they just nudge in a direction and if you are leaning the right way the nudge may lean you a little more.

These stories take on a life of their own when put out in a likeminded community. The vast majority of people are in the middle and going with the flow and react to new information by looking to the group reaction. Like birds flying in a flock or fish swimming in a school or even Lemmings jumping off cliffs together.

I agree that there is some good content in the thread. When posters mention politicians by name those posts should be removed in my view. When a Moderator does it that is disturbing and hurts the site in my opinion.