Portable Air Conditioner For Tenting?

Careful…

– Last Updated: Mar-26-07 11:13 PM EST –

you might lose "carbon credits" over this.
But seriously... Yes, growing up without A/C in the fifties and sixties WAS a problem. Sweating on the sheets is truly an icky feeling and made deep sleep a rather rare occurence. I hope I never have to experience that again. That's why we did what we did to solve the problem. True, A/C is hard to beat but try what I suggest for one night sometime before you camp at Ft. Myers. It WILL make a difference.
Another alternative is to set your home thermostat up a degree every few days so you and your infant can become slowly acclimated until a week before the trip your house temps will equal those of the Ft. Myers' May evenings. Just think of the money you'll be saving on your electric bill as well.

?
How about pitching your tent in the shade instead of under the sun?

May isn’t all that hot as far as I remember (it’s been almost 10 years since I moved out of FL). And I’m assuming you’re camping somewhere there’s a breeze.

If you can’t find a camp site with shade and a good air flow, I think it’s time to book yourself a motel. The whole point of enjoying the nature is just…fantacy!

Lost those credits with my F150, 10 year
old central air unit with a rating of 2 by now, and old refrigerator.