Premium canoe paddle

It’s a compromise length, more for WW
It is too long for a flatwater cruising straight paddle. I would probably use a 54" ZRE for that. But I only want two paddles for everything when tripping.

The 57" is mainly for WW and any swiftly moving water where I need to make moves. Paddling on the flats, yes, I’m pushing slightly upwards with my top hand, rather than downwards as with my bent. Not optimal, but I get used to it.

The length is actually useful for strong weather-cocking in beam winds, which I experience on windy lakes in my SRT. The only way to correct is with big sweeps on the upwind side or strong stern pries on the downwind side. The extra leverage is very helpful.

I’m a ZRE convert.
I’m with Glen. I switched to ZRE bent about 6-8 years ago for everything I do which is basically tripping in big royalex and kevlar boats in all kinds of water including white water. The only problem is on trips like the Allagash where standing is often the best approach so I carry a big long wood beaver tail on that trip. But I am so accustomed to 12 Ozs now that I simply cannot go back. I have beat the cr*p out of my ZRE and it is just beginning to show some danger signs along the blade edges. Question is can I get another 10-15 years out of it. Probably not. We’ll see.

That makes sense.
I’ve retained the length on my 56" ZRE straight for those very few times I encounter large wave trains so I can keep some paddle in the water.

Paddles
It is hard to beat a paddle that you have made yourself.

Saltwood Sweet T or Kialoa
Both make good straight shaft single blades.

Been Looking For Years to
Acquire a previously used Quimby paddle. If anyone has a 62" for sale, please let me know?