Questions for NDK Romany Surf owners

Awesome ! Gorgeous boat there and TY so much for the update.
I am heading to the local dealer tomorrow to go take a look !
Cheers

The Romany is a FUN kayak, ultramaneuverable. Being a small person, I paddled a Romany LV for a few days and was amazed at how far on edge I could get it. However, if you plan to do a lot of camping, and being 260 lbs, you should also try the Explorer HV. Besides having more room, it allows plenty of payload for gear.

As for NDK/SKUK quality, it varied a lot in the past. My first one (Explorer LV) had numerous quality issues, though it stayed intact, didn’t leak or lose pieces, and handled as it should. I replaced it with the lower-volume Pilgrim Expedition when that came out, and that boat’s quality was excellent.

Look at it before buying, if you can. I needed to order both of my SKUKs and drive a long distance to get them. Worth it, IMO.

1 Like

Good point raised by the most recent posts. You’re not likely to find these boats “in stock.” Most likely you’ll be ordering it for next season, unless a dealer has a demo boat and you’re okay buying something that has been used. I know my local dealer places the orders in late Sept for March-ish delivery.