Quick release tow belt. Towing, not throwing.

I am sure the Ducky appreciated the rescue!

That Toronto Duck needs to be incorporated into the next Manhattan Circumnavigation!

Did anyone get photos of the rescued rubber ducky imprinting on you. It’s going to follow you around the lake from now on, y’know.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

Ginormous yellow duck leading the Manhattan parade would be spectacular! But would it fit under the bridges? It’s six stories tall.

No idea if anyone was watching my fun folly. Ducky’s shore mate is a Toucan of similar size. Windy today; with luck maybe they’ll both get loose and I can try a double tow. That would be GoPro worthy.

@Rookie said:
@Sparky961
Which carabiner did you use? The Genius carabiner Leon mentions sells for $35 each at West Marine.

Obviously not the same but I think they’ll be good for Gordon Brown-style close tow lines…

$2.04 each on eBay, the 2" looks good for 1/4" line. I ordered 4 on Tuesday and received them in today’s mail.

@kfbrady said:

@Rookie said:
@Sparky961
Which carabiner did you use? The Genius carabiner Leon mentions sells for $35 each at West Marine.

Obviously not the same but I think they’ll be good for Gordon Brown-style close tow lines…

$2.04 each on eBay, the 2" looks good for 1/4" line. I ordered 4 on Tuesday and received them in today’s mail.

Made tow line from them will post pictures tomorrow. Used hog rings SS and shrink tubing.

Didn’t take long at all to make this one. Carabiners not as fancy as kbrady’s, but they’re toothless and have a wide side kick gate. Had never heard of hog rings but local hardware had them as well as shrink tubing. Regular pliers worked fine on the rings . The 1/4" line is blue because I cannibalized it from a shoulder therapy pulley I had to use as part of PT. A hair dryer on “hot” shrinks the tubing nicely. Followed Leon’s instructions but it can be set up the same as Gordon’s example. Was fun to make and I learned new things!

Nice job! I’m sure it will work really well.

I need to order some SS hog rings and some better rope than the H-D garbage I currently have. I’ll be all ready for our August trip to Nova Scotia though.

Looks great. Just what you need to keep your ducks in a row… Or was that to row your ducks… ?

@Sparky961 said:
Looks great. Just what you need to keep your ducks in a row… Or was that to row your ducks… ?

Thanks Sparky and kfbrady. LOL, was hoping ducky would get loose again but no such luck. Color is kind of gaudy, but better than paying $15-20 for more rope than I needed. Think it will come more in handy for securing my boat than towing someone.

@kfbrady - hope you take lots of photos on that Nova Scotia trip. And am glad I could go lesser metal quality thanks to fresh water.

Do they really use hog rings in the noses of hogs? That has to be painful.

KFBrady,
What is the name of the eBay store you got those from? US Stainless? I can’t seem to find it.

Not as cheap as eBay, but way cheaper than West Marine. I love having a shop like Downwind Marine close to home. It’s a toy store. http://www.downwindmarine.com/Sea-Dog-Spring-Gate-Snap-Hooks-Stainless-Steel-p-90890704.html

@Marshall said:
KFBrady,
What is the name of the eBay store you got those from? US Stainless? I can’t seem to find it.

roxygal2018 was the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/roxygal2018?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The package they arrived in also contained a business card for www.usstainlessinc.com and I think you can order from their website too at the same prices.

Got different sizes from downwind in stainless steel and two sets of pliers. Too also.

Looks good Dog. Nice clean job.

Thanks made lanyards for many things with bungee and cord. Love hog rings pliers. Also bought crimping pliers for stainless steel cable and swages.

For contact tow, I use a carabiner with quick release. I unfortunately don’t know the English name of it, but here is a photo of one:

Link (Danish): http://www.bue-net.dk/product_info.php?cPath=1_969&products_id=8129

You put a small piece of string through the “keyring” part so you have a handle to pull for an emergency release.

However, the one time where I ended up under water during a contact tow, I forgot to pull the quick release.

I think in the USA that would be a “snap shackle”.

Most of the marine stores carry them…

https://www.westmarine.com/search?Ntt=snap+shackle

There are also quick-release versions…