Raman Noodles- the evil food

Easier carbos for the JetBoil
Couscous. Barely requires any cooking at all, and it soaks up flavors like a sponge.

That reminds me of a new (?) camp food
Japanese street food (or at least it was when my mother hauled me and brother there in the '60s) was a simple dumpling made by boiling flour and water, then skewering the rolie-polies, coating in a soy sauce and sugar blend, and briefly roasting over flames.

Could be a good camp treat.

I haven’t deliberately eaten
many bugs, motorcycling excepted… History accounts for pioneers surviving on crickets and grasshoppers. I suppose I would try it if it was prepared or if I had to survive. Are crawdads bugs? Bijou Bob’s makes great etoffe.

Ohmygawd, I didn’t mean roly-poly bugs
This is hilarious. I meant the flour dumplings are roly-poly! No insect content whatsoever.

Thanks for the laugh!

Tuna in Foil Packet?
3 bucks??? Are you in Beverly Hills?

It’s around $1.15 at the local grocery store and Walmart.

That’s funny!

– Last Updated: Apr-29-10 3:55 PM EST –

Cultural language crossing will do that. Now, I will have to try eating rolie-polies.

There’s a great book
called Freezer Bag Cooking, and an associated wedbsite trailcooking.com. Most of the recipies I’ve tried are good and can be adjusted. The chicken ramen stew is very good.

Another idea in a qt freezer bag put;

1 pkg instant mashed potatoes any flavor

1 tsp chicken bullion

1/2 cup bacon bits

in camp add one pouch of chicken and the boiling water listed on the potato pouch stir well and let set per pouch instructions.

You can add butter buds or substitute ham, lots of possibilities.

Enjoy

Randy