Rec kayak for a sea kayaker

Second equinox
it is very stable but is still relatively fast and responsive. You might want to give one a try. If that is not stable enought you might consider the Current Design Krestel 140. Large cockpit, two bulk heads and exceedingly stable in a boat that is still fun to paddle.

David

What do you mean?
I have 10 boats in the garage, one in the woods and one at a friends house!

Manitou 14
Martin - You might try this boat - it’s been very successful for us with newbies this summer on the Hudson. It’s the minimum craft that the shop feels appropriate for the river.

We had everyone from petite ladies to big stiff guys in it, and it worked for all. Beam is 24", I think, and it has a skeg. When I’m drifting along trying for a wildlife shot, a skeg is a big help - also good for hunting seals, of course…

There are some lightly used ones available - let me know if you’d like to try one.

AAM

WS pungo 120 or 140.

Prijon Capri
needs a bag up front but has speed and both primary and secondary stability for a 12 ft boat.

surprised only one reference to the
Tsunami series. sounds like exactly what you are looking for with very little performance loss.

Paul

See the below thread

– Last Updated: Nov-01-07 5:18 PM EST –

http://www.paddling.net/message/showThread.html?fid=advice&tid=754147

Somehow one can often fit more boats...

good choice

WS Pungo120 or 140
are the best boats on the market for what you want to do. I would probably choose the 140 which will help with speed and stability plus give you plenty of room in the spacious cockpit.