Rec kayaks ok around Hopewell Rocks in Bay of Fundy?

No, the one that looked like a golden retriever/collie mix (but is actually a Malamute/GSD). We were there at the same time as the mastiff though!

Ah, the golden/collie/malamute/GSD mix! :slight_smile:

My wife and I were two tables past the mastiff away from you!

What a small world!

That’s hilarious!

Were you the person who gave that huge mastiff a cuddle when you walked in?

I also took a few cellphone shots of the harbour and was tempted to take a photo of that 160lb dog, but I didn’t.

Had I done so you probably would have been in the background!

We’re kayaking in Lower Prospect today but we’re going back to South Carolina on Thursday. It’s been nice to get away from the heat and humidity for 3 weeks.

Best wishes, Kevin.

@llittle said:
Thanks MCImes, yes that was what I was thinking after reading more. We’re novices (obviously, with our Costco boats!)
There is an outfitter that does paddles around the Hopewell Rocks with tandem sea kayaks, I’m more inclined to go with them.
Thanks again, I’ve been poking around the forums and am eager to keep learning more.

The people that end up in trouble are the ones that overestimate their skills or gear. Going with an outfitter for this adventure was the smartest decision you make all year.

@kfbrady I did give him a cuddle when we were all waiting out front for a table. They were seated before us. When we were called, we went over the upper patio then down to the far corner table, to give the dogs enough distance. There were four of us - me, hubby, BIL, and daughter.
@Lillyflowers Unfortunately the outfitter was all booked for the only day we could have done the tour, so we had to be content watching the kayakers from above. The fam was alarmed when they saw a boat upside down until I told them it was one of the guides, doing a deliberate roll.

@llittle said:
@Lillyflowers Unfortunately the outfitter was all booked for the only day we could have done the tour, so we had to be content watching the kayakers from above. The fam was alarmed when they saw a boat upside down until I told them it would was one of the guides, doing a deliberate roll.

LOL. I’ll bet it took a good deal of convincing.