As the 600,000 number is being talked about a lot the percentage of those that had comorbidities is significant and not to clearly factored into recovery numbers. It is clear that normally healthy people have a higher chance of recovery. 95% of all covid19 death certificates showed other comorbidities listed. The other 5% it is speculated could have incomplete information. A very high percentage show covid19 as the main contributing factor.
IMO it is hard to look at that number alone and make a rational mental computation as to your likely hood of dying from it as say 1 in 500 chance as the numbers would assume.
You can also factor in the age statistics 78% were 65>, 19% were 45-64, 3% <45.
The CDC doesn’t break the number down into teens or young adults where the comorbidities you would think would be very low.
My guess is there is a reason they don’t.
I chose to get immunized after having covid19 mostly based on my age and the few slight comorbidities I have. I based that also on my personal risk assessment of any negatives the immunization could have on myself as should everyone else.
On a personal note someone above said it well. There is nothing wrong with thinking someone that looks young and healthy wearing a mask alone jogging is a bit over doing it. As long as you don’t go and confront them who cares what you think. Likewise someone wearing a mask can think I’m crazy walking down the road without a mask but I don’t want them stopping to lecture me on what I’m doing wrong.
Masks are a whole different topic and how useful they are and do people really grab a fresh mask every time they use one or if is cloth do they wash it after each usage. N95s properly fitted after being trained how to wear on are only 95% effective. Putting a bandana on like Roy Rodgers really isn’t doing much.
As a side note on human logic the lady I was sitting next to last night ordered wine and was brought a wine glass and she announced wine glasses in bars do not get properly cleaned and she showed us how she takes her napkin and polishes the rim on the inside to get a film off. Several others did the same and said oh Gawd look how clean the rim is now. Later as we ate they all used their napkins to wipe their mouth.
I would love to run a culture on some of the face masks I see people wearing to stop the spread of covid.