Removing sticker from carbon blade

The RESULTS
There was so much good, but differing, advice from the world-renowned pnet brain trust that I decided to mix every chemical suggested for sticker removal in one pot and every chemical suggested for glue removal in another pot. They were both lined up close to the paddle as I heated it in the sun with a hair dryer.

When I came out of the coma, the fireman-medic wasn’t sure whether my disintegrating arm caused the garage to blow up, or whether the exploding garage caused my arm to disintegrate.

My team of psychiatric doctors suggests this is what really happened:

To get the sticker off I heated it with a hair dryer in my bathroom and began peeling from the corners with my finger nail and a mini plastic credit card. No problem. The ZRE sticker peeled off, but left a big dried glue patch.

The following chemicals did NOT work to remove the glue:

• nail polish remover
  • Windex
  • acetone
  • (getting desperate and grabbing whatever’s around)
  • hair spray
  • Mennen’s Lectric Shave
  • vinegar
  • (runs down to garage and gets)

WD-40, which worked pretty easily after letting it soak in a while, as assisted by some scraping with the credit card. It got all the dried glue off.

Now, how to put the new sticker on. Thankfully, ZRE has instructions on its website, but I couldn’t find any 409 so I successfully used Windex – but anyway that’s all off topic.

Thanks to everyone … even though it’s hard to type and probably to paddle with only one arm.

Good stuff
WD-40 is good stuff. I used it to get chewing gum out of my kids hair when I ran out of peanut butter. Worked well!