Rescue Gear question

i am canadian
but dont live there anymore, but I do remember something about towlines or throwlines! and their required length of minimum a50 feet i think - i am not sure on this one but i think they have stricter guidlelines than the U.S.

I am learning my new mac so i may make some mistakes here! Anyway, I do carry a 35ft towline in case of towing someone or someone towing me and the rope which when i say loose i dont mean in my cockpit causing entanglement issues - its in a hatch. I do thing a towline is a great asset to have if needed or a good length of rope or both! We definately have it on Lake Erie but even carry it on Lake Arthur or the slow rivers of downtown Pittsburgh. Thanks all!

Canadians need 3 throwbags
for triple protection safety. that’s the rule here.

I always make sure there is at least
one tow line in our group for paddling because we have had situations where someone became ill or injured during an otherwise uneventful paddle. Having a tow line made getting them back to the put-in much easier and safer. It can happen to anyone without notice. It just seems to me the cost of being prepared and not need it is minimal compared to the cost of being unprepared and needing it.

all canoes and kayaks in Canada
One buoyant heaving line of not less than 15 metres in length…as stated on a website mountain equip coop and Canadian coast guard Close to the the 50ft i thought i remembered it being.