Rib/chest injuries

No boat-carrying this year
I’d pretty much decided to rely on the kayak cart instead of shouldering it as I usually do. Your post reinforces that decision, as does tsunamichuck’s post.

Sleeping on the side
Normally, I like to sleep on either side, on the back, or face down. Switch around. Now I’m down to only the back or the right side, but at least I can sleep soundly, and–finally–breathe deeply.

Have you tried a firm, high pillow for side-sleeping? Maybe that’ll take the load off your shoulder.

Glad you got it fixed
Yikes. It hurts just to read some of these posts!

Health insurance is a good thing.

Pikabike, I’m going to order your hubby
to spend an hour per morning and an hour per evening giving you alternating light touch massage and deep tissue masage. First, the deep touch on feet, legs and lower back. That ought to cut to the quick. Then, in the evening, open up a bit of syrah or cab and have hime do some light work on the lower back, maybe add in some upper neck. This is medicinal, smack him if he gets carried away.

Dogmaticus

Had probably a hundred broken ribs
all when I was younger and mostly when a boxer. They taped broken ribs back then and taking the tape of was more painful than the broken ribs. Broke 7 ribs once a helo crash but I’ve had so many broken bones I think I’m just on big calcium deposit.

I bruised some ribs 4 years ago

– Last Updated: Feb-27-08 10:42 AM EST –

Going to bed is the worst part. My wife said I would moan in my sleep when I turned. The best thing to do is find the most comfortable position and then position pillows all around you so you stay in that position all night. It took about 4 weeks before I was completely healed.

The "clunking" could be torn intercostal muscles or ligaments.

Haha, would be nice
He would be willing to do it…for a little while. Patience with physical/mechanical things is not his forte. Maybe I need to borrow a nice, declawed CAT.

At least he is shoveling all the snow by himself now. But I would much, much rather be 100% and shovel all of it myself.