River running boat for a big guy

I had been trying to sit in a 245.
That explains it. The shop doesn’t have the 255 in their demo/rental fleet. I feel a little better now that I know I was sitting in the 245 (middle size) H3, not the 255 (largest).

The guy at the shop, Brian, was really helpful again. He checked around and found they had four 245’s in thier rental fleet. He said if I call around noon the next time I want to rent for a pool session, he’ll take out both the hip pads and foot stop for me. Then probably leave it that way for the winter, and I can just rent the same one weekly. So I should be good to go for the winter pool sessions.

Still commited to a down trajectory on body weight though.

Paul S.

but consider…
…I really don’t think you are going to like the

mid size. You are going to be cramped and that

will affect your paddling. And if you are too

tight, you may get hung up in a wet exit.

If the boat isn’t right for you and you won’t

paddle it.

It may be fine for winter pool rolling, but do

yourself a favor and think a long time before you

buy it.

Absolutely agree.
Demo the actual boat you intend to buy/paddle. Don’t go with jury rigging. You will be much happier in the long run with a boat that you don’t have to squeeze into and don’t have to remove thigh braces from.

Yes absolutely
Not to worry. I’m just thinking out loud about getting set up for cheap rentals for pool sessions. I definitly would not buy the wrong size. Good point about making sure I don’t get hung up on exits. Some of those thigh hooks really wrap around.

Paul

Few More Suggestions
I’m 6-1, 265# and at age 54 don’t paddle big water as much as I used to, but I can still fit pretty easily in my old Perception Stikine.

Other possible “big guy” boats: Liquid Logic Gus, Perception Blaze 7.3, Wavesport Transformer 4 or maybe a used Wavesport Y.

Good Luck in your search.

BOAT SUGGESTION
I AM 6’0 145LBS TRY THE PERCEPTION STIKINE