Rockhopper Coastal

like that boat that kanuman on BT had?
turns out that is a “Range”…a prototype composite rockhopping/touring/surfing (like the Rockhopper) boat that Corran designed…Kanuman is selling it for 375$…wish i was west coast sometimes…

talked to Corran about it…Murky Water had (notice the tense) the mold…but got rid of it a bit ago…if the RH340 takes off it might make Ed and Corran re-think making it again…

next time Corran is down in RI he is going to look at the RH…interested him…

hmmm…

sitting here dreaming of less than 50mph winds on the bay…ugh…

pix and reviews are coming forwith…
if you have requests of pix let me know…i can accomodate them…email me backside of the forum…

i knew going into this purchase (and i made the manufacturer/designer aware of this) that paddlers would be requesting info about it…i might end up being a rep/dealer ya never know…

rob

Bad, Bad…

– Last Updated: Apr-16-07 3:56 PM EST –

that's like the Riot WW boat approach. Set molded slots that only accommodate RIOT fins (not good ones either...). No adjustment means the placement can not be adjusted for differences in paddler weight and seating... Bad, bad... Very disappointing.

How wide is the slot? It may not be able to accommodate any standard box. However, if it's 1" wide, you can take the approach that Sven took (and I followed) with the old Boogie and lousy metal tracks posing as boxes. Get the right length long box (10", 8", or 6") box, drilled holes to match the existing ones and attach. Then you can use regular fins.

sing

yeah this am when i picked it up
it was on the car and there was a brief bit of sun…and i looked upwards and saw that the plastic around the “box area” was a little lighter green than other places on the hull…ugh…saw that right there as a fix…plus the fins right now screw into these brass nuts embeded in the hull…if there are no fins in and no screws i do not want the nuts fuilling up with sand etc…ugh…

paddle first at least once before fixes…

r

Picture of fins & attachment points
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7525/2414/1600/fins.0.jpg

Ugh!!!
exactly the Riot WW boat approach. Ugh. if the paddler is not situated or trimmed right in the boat relative to those fins, they won’t perform optimally. Only time to accept non adjustable fins is if the paddler worked with builder to locate them with specific consideration to the individual. That ain’t gonna happen with a manufactured boat.

They need to put in longbox slots for the future.

sing

i have been told that the fins
just pin the tail to stop some broaching…most likely they are thinking that if they make the fin longer than you do not have to worry about position…

as it is right now it is not a boat for sequencing top & bottom turns etc…maybe a tail slash if i am REALLY lucky…