Saranac 14.6 vs WS Zephyr or Tempest

Damm
Who edited this discussion?

Bottom line is to test and try as many boats as possible to find what works best for you. Shortly I will be purchasing my sixth kayak in six years of paddling hopefully this will be a forever boat. It’s all about fit and function. I also encourage people to rent a boat for the day to get the real feel of the boat under real condition not just a 15 minute test paddle in control conditions.

Somebody deleted one post, which
took out all that followed.

Best left as is
There was stuff indented in that was not contributing to the question of whether the OPer might be better off with a Zephyr or a Tempest. Some of my entries were in there, and I am just as happy it had a limited life span.

Oooops.
Might have been me. Sorry!

I posted and then thought better of it. Must be when I deleted my post it blew away some others. Totally unintentional.

Please accept my apologies!

None needed
I was half thinking Brent would get in on that one. I totally meant that I was happy to see the stuff wandering to the right have a short shelf life.

Difficult compared to what?
The WS Zephyr is one of the most maneuverable sea kayaks out there in the 15’-16’ length range. Compared to a white water boat, or a 10’ rec boat, or an unloaded fat canoe on edge, yes, it will turn harder. Compared to just about any other 15-16 foot sea kayak - it will be easy …

I agree -
which is why I was posting - but then thought better of it - and then unintentionally blew away the stuff I was thinking had started to go south. Sometimes unintended consequences are not necessarily all that bad!