Sawer Cruiser canoes

Still messing with them
We paddle whenever we can find a couple of hours. Watched the harvest moon rise from our Charger two nights ago. Paddled a Jensen WWII (now marketed as the Minnesota II) last night. We use it as a dinghy for the catboat.

Keeps me in shape

– Last Updated: Sep-10-14 10:30 AM EST –

Yup! I do like our Sawyers. Our Charger is a Kevlar boat with white gelcoat and has a minicell saddle for paddling it C-1. That can be a challenge against a strong wind. I use it C-1 for early season workouts. You can't cheat when you are 3 miles down stream paddling against the tide. The rudder assembly and foot braces add some weight as do a few repairs over the years. A soon to be reconditioned Lightning is going to be the same hull with half the weight. No Gelcoat, Kevlar and just the two seats with foot braces. I do like the "feel" of the extra weight when the Charger encounters cross waves. We will see how the lighter, Lightning behaves. It is a fast downriver race boat. Looking forward to a lighter lift onto the car. Perhaps a new carbon boat?

Sawyer built a lot of different models that were 18 1/2 feet. God Bless them for that.
Cruisers were 17’ 9" as other authors have mentioned.
A super Cruiser might be someone’s pet name for a boat originally with a different name like Champion, and many others.