Sea kayak with no hatches

I read the article on which kayak to choose when I was first looking around the cape falcon site. To quote the article.

Reasons to build a Greenland kayak:

• You already have a sea kayak you like and want to try something different. Yes

• You are interested in kayak history and would like to pursue traditional greenland paddling and rolling techniques. Yes

• You think Greenland kayaks look totally awesome (a common reason, but one few people will admit). Definitely

Reasons NOT to build a Greenland kayak:

• You weigh more than 210 lbs. No
  • You have lower back problems. No
  • You want to go camping. No
  • You paddle frequently in very windy and rough conditions. Only in strong wind sometimes

Before I bought my Sealution, I wanted to build a stitch and glue kayak. But they are a little out of my budget right now because of covid. So I bought the Sealution so I could get out there and paddle. But after learning about the SOF, they seem like a fun boat to own.
If I built the Greenland style first, I could always build an F1 later. It seems like the lumber is the most expensive part, and then the nylon cloth. I have the lumber covered already, so I think around 400$ to build one isn’t too crazy.

I built a Pymgy Coho out of African mahogany. It was beautiful and I just did not want to cut holes in the beautiful deck for access, so I used a sea sock.