Seat comfort

Just sucking it up isn’t necessary. You can’t get full paddling enjoyment with a seat that inflicts pain. Lots of folks on this site have experience with different seats and seat mods, and they’re happy to share what they’ve found. Of course, seat comfort is a personal matter - there’s no one size fits all :roll_eyes: , but stay connected to the P.com community and you’ll find the answer.

The main problem with the high back is that it leans forward to make entry cumbersome. Still comfortable, but I dont need it. The phase three seat is very good.

Seat comfort and back happiness are also related. My wife had some advice many years ago that made a big difference - a thigh pad just in front of the seat. I don’t need that. But I need lower back support, due to destroying a disc in a ski accident many years ago. The proper back support for me needs to be firm, but need not extend above the coaming. My point is that seats and backbands are reconfigured with relative ease for comfort. It is not a reason to abandon a potential purchase if everything else is OK. Seats and backbands can be tweaked appropriately.

3 Likes