Shark Attack Tips

The way I apply that theory…
…humans are at definite risk.

From the shark’s perspective, and compared to marine animals, humans in the water all appear to be “the sick, the weak, the injured and the stupid”!

Oh yeh and that other victim
I have seen the picture.

This guy was wading naked through the flats in the bahamas and happened upon a small shark that needed harrasing or so he thought. This little critter latched on to the the family jewels and wouldn’t let go until they wasted a bottle of rum pouring it down its throat.

True story

Brian

thanks frank,
i had sort put out of mind the various fire coral burns ,thousand times i’ve hit by jellyfish,bristleworm hits, black urchin jabs, and the worst; the heat rash between your thighs after having the wetsuit on for 10 hours straight.ouch!

I wonder why i work underwater; oh yeah ,I LOVE IT!!

Great Whites

– Last Updated: Dec-15-04 10:06 PM EST –

If you come to California there are GWS off many beaches. As Cuda said above an abolone scrounger got eaten this year and last year a woman swimming with seals or sea lions was killed near Morro Bay. I've seen shark bitten bits of sea lions washed up on the beach near where I live . Late summer a few of them arrive at San Onofre a very popular surf and kayaking beach. Catalina Island has many GWS that hunt near it. Fortunately they are more interested in seals and sea lions than people.

New Zealand attacks
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=2&ObjectID=9003666

Ouch!
I the guy probably consumed a bit of rum HIMSELF after that! WW

That’s an Aussie attack
That is an Australian attack as reported in an NZ news source, FWIW.

We had a woman killed by a shark
last year. She was wearing a black wetsuit and swimming in a seal breeding ground.

Supposedly she had been doing this rather risky swim for the last 20 years.

A Great White decided she looked very much like a slow, large seal.

BTW, even though this is Southern California, our water temps are still pretty cold.

LOL! Sorry!

– Last Updated: Dec-18-04 10:16 AM EST –

I was surfing that day and just encountered the article by happenstance.

Cindy

guns don’t kill people…
sharks with guns kill people.

it’s funny…we’ve all seen the anthropormorphized, cute litle bee caricatures…“oh, look, cute a bee.” but bee’s kill more people than sharks. and people? we kill waaaaaaay more of eachother than sharks ever could.

if we were on the menu on a regular basis, you couldn’t go in the water. period.

Exactly The Case At New Syrna Beach…
What you desribe is exactly what happens at New Syrna Beach. Baitfish congrate by the jetty and the sharks corner them there.

One reason people keep surfing at New Syrna after all the attacks is the attacks are not usually “severe”

But I saw a guy getting loaded into an abulance and his leg looked pretty awful to me…