Shoes?

Every year same answer : )
Standard flip flops. NOT the 40.00 ones. The 9.99 Brazillian ones are the best and worth the ‘extra’ money over the standard drugstore hard plastickey ones… kick them off under your feet when in the boat… or just leave them on the beach… they’ll be there waiting for you.

Yes you can run and hike in them.

When running white-water
I wear great-big clown shoes to protect against foot entrapment if I swim, though I haven’t quite figured out how to get my feet in the boat yet.

I wore
K-mart version of aquashoes the first time I did a wet-exit (in training) and one came off in the water. I remember being traumatized and shoeless. Now I am less traumatized and shod in my chotas.

Nothing against wearing aquashoes or anything, whatever floats your boat (pun intended.) Just reminiscing. . .

Straps and or Sandals Hazzard
To each their own and to own their each, but shoes and or sandals lead to entrapment issues and death each year in the unsuspecting. They get caught on foot pedals mainly. Just to be in the know.

for me
NRS tread 3’s in the winter. Summer use is a pair of Columbia sandals. I’ve bailed with em on a few times. No snagging for me. But rec. boats have generous cockpit diamentions.

Keens
I couldn’t find a pair in my size in the latter part of last season so went with the Teva.

When Sierra Trading sent me a online notice back in january and said the Keens were on sale I ordered then and there. They’re a rugged enough shoe to take abuse and yet are low cut enough to fit in a low volumn kayak with ease.

Shoes?
I have a pair of cheap, thin sole, canvas shoes I purchased at wally world for $5.00. I got them for sailing but they work great in the canoe too.