Sinking Kayak 5 Miles Out

@magooch said:
All the same, if this wasn’t staged, they should have spent aa much time checking and caring for the boat as they took setting up cameras.

Yup. That must be the final word coming from another P-Com kayaking expert who can anticipate, prevent and save. We need commentary from folks like you.

@Overstreet said:
The thing about sot fishing is the ability to get in and out, drag feet for big fish and put the gear /fish some where.

Personally I skip the sot for a rec boat sit in. Goal is a Marsh slam. So I just need a rod , some jig heads, and some gulp shrimp. Tackle fits in my pocket. Stand up? Sure, I get out and wade on sand or shell.

If I need more I have a boat made for that.

I am on board with that. Spent a lot of weekends this summer just throwing a light canoe on the rack and a couple of rods and a tackle box for local ponds and lakes. Kind of similar to coming full circle with the Loon 135 I started with 20 years ago, except the canoe is now 1/4 the weight.

Out in the Boston Harbor islands, I go with the fully outfitted SOT.

sing

This was a kayak fishing video shoot that went bad…
Producers have many many fishing videos on Youtube…
That would explain all the cameras…

@Overstreet said:
The thing about sot fishing is the ability to get in and out, drag feet for big fish and put the gear /fish some where.

Personally I skip the sot for a rec boat sit in. Goal is a Marsh slam. So I just need a rod , some jig heads, and some gulp shrimp. Tackle fits in my pocket. Stand up? Sure, I get out and wade on sand or shell.

If I need more I have a boat made for that.

What are gulp shrimp? Small ones? Or was that gulf?
Not being a SA( this time)

They come in many colors and packaging. Some in resealable packages. Gulp juice smells really fishy .

://www.berkley-fishing.com/berkley-bait-soft-bait-berkley-gulp/gulp-shrimp/1285440.html

Aha! I’ve used those. Good bait.