Six on a Chickee???

so true
another item that folks buy and use at group sites is a screen room for dining. Well…they are made with MOSQUITO netting. At dawn and dusk at the beach sites lately, the NO SEE UMS have been horrible when wind is down. These screened dining tents are easily invaded by the tiny no see ums that fit perfectly through the larger holes meant to keep the skeeters out. So you are left with a room full of nasty biting insects!

JackL is right, make sure your tent has NO SEE UM netting or you won’t make it a night out in the 'glades.

Bring a headnet, bandana, long sleeved shirt and pants plus wool socks. I spray my bandana, under brim of hat (tilley), socks and cuffs of shirt and pants with 100% deet and this keeps the biting bugs off of me. When they are really bad I add the head net.

Mosquitoes no problem
Still working on noseeums. I’ve been trying to convince myself noseeums feel good and are exfoleating my skin with limited success.

Kelty makes a great screenhouse
with noseeum netting. 10 and 12 ft models with 2 poles like a dome tent. Won’t work on a chickee.

P.net education - I love it

I guess I’m the only one that learned what a chickee is on this thread.

It’s good to know I’m still getting wiser

…I was wondering if I was only getting older

Merry Christmas

Richard

I have often said:
sit down with a guy who is a hundred years old who still has a good memory and you can learn a hell of a lot more from picking his brain on life experiences than any book will ever teach you.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas,

JackL

dont forget your cold weather stuff
bring a hat mittens and fleece. I had an unexpected event in the Glades…four days of near freezing temperatures and high winds.

It can get cold there in January.

One night was below freezing.