Small Mid-Wing Paddle?

Clarification …
The onno Mid wing is slightly smaller than Epics and the onno Smaller-Mid wing is slightly smaller than Epics Small Mid.

The onno SM is a more than just a scaled down version of the Mid… Its a different shape. There is a big difference in the feel of blades over the course of a longer paddle and it has a lot to do with this shape.

Its subtle and huge at the same time.

The lockers are anodized aluminum and precision machined, by a one man shop here in the US and will not stretch, creep or get loose/sloppy over time such as plastic will.

Wow
Sounds like fun…kinda.

Good to hear you survived!

Alan

May be wrong paddle?

– Last Updated: Oct-26-09 4:42 PM EST –

Pat,

The owner of the ONNO paddle stated in his post (above) it is a "smaller mid wing" size. It is possible he actually has something else without realizing it...

Whatever it was, it was clearly bigger than the two Epic small-mids we had at hand. With the ONNO in the front we could not see the Epic behind it; with the Epic infront the ONNO had areas sticking out on all sides. Epic does not make a smaller paddle than ours, so the only chance is that the ONNO was the next size-up ...

Not sure if you keep records to check what he got from you, but that's Stephen's paddle (see puzzlepax above). Don't know even if he got it from you directly or on the used market - just going by his post on the size ...

Correction: Mid not Small
Pat emailed me offline and we reviewed my order and I took a tape measure to my ONNO. It is indeed a mid and NOT a smaller mid. My apologies for any confusion.

Consequently onnopaddler’s observations on sizing of his paddles are valid. I am glad that the ONNO mid is smaller than the epic mid. The machined lever lock Pat uses is rock solid. I read Epic’s user guide/manual for their LL2 and I am not convinced it is up to the high standard Pat insists on and uses on his two pieces.

I still love the mid wing Pat made for me and now I have an excuse to look into getting another ONNO wing paddle for longer outings.

Stephen

Thanks!
That clears it up (not that I ever doubted pat’s words -:wink: )

Hope to get a chance to actually try your ONNO wing(s) some day…