Small narrow Kayak?

Great suggestions re the rope
for the rollerloader. We also bought 2 used CD breezes which are really too wide for most anything besides river paddling but maybe this will just have to work for now at 13.5ft and not terribly heavy. (until i can purchase a nice lightweight little something…)

MontanaMom,
I love your spirit and your good advice. I doubt if anything holds you back.

Montana Mom
how awesome you sound! I am in my almost mid 50s and hope to keep doing the things I love like you are doing! You are an inspiration for sure! Due to $$ I cannot do what you have been able to buy for ease but I will continue to work at a solution!

Thanks,

Small paddler - Pyrhana Fusion small
I’m about 5’4" tall and weigh about 120#, and have a really hard time finding a kayak that fits. Most of the cockpits feel as though I’m climbing into a bathtub (and I’m not just referring to the cavernous recreational kayak cockpits).

We live a couple blocks from Lake Michigan, so most of our kayaking is brief after work paddles along the shoreline, but there are a lot of rivers and streams in our area, so enjoy exploring class 1 (possibly 2) as well.

I’ve been considering the Pyranha Fusion small as a good all around choice, but when I test paddled one last year, it felt sluggish in the flat river I was in. I was surprised since most of the reviews I’ve read describe it as “fast”.

Anyone have suggestion or opinions on the Fusion small or alternative choices?