Smelly Paddling Shoes

Agreed…
as to wearing socks.

I wear poly liners in the warm weather with Nike Toketee shoes and the odour problem is dramatically reduced as compared to wearing them without the socks.

When I put out, I also remove and rinse the shoes thoroughly. I carry them in a mesh bag to facilitate drying while driving home. Upon arrival, stuff them with a bit of newspaper and all is well.

~Holmes

No to Woolite!

– Last Updated: Jul-30-04 5:52 PM EST –

I would not use Woolite on any synthetic fabrics or materials (check the product label). It is recommend for natural fabrics (i.e. cotton and wool), not synthetics. The stuff actually attacks, lycra/spandex. I speak from personal experience. Woolite is advertised as a gentle laundry product for your "delicates". Sounds good, so I used it on my cycling clothing, without carefully reading the label. Damage is cumulative. You will not notice it after just one or two washings. I ruined two pairs of top end bicycle tights and three pairs of shorts before I figured it out. I do not know its effects on Neoprene, but I am sure Woolite will trash any Lycra that is used in making a Neo garment (i.e. collar, cuffs, trim, liner, etc.).

YMMV, Joe

Smelly Shoe Cheese

Gotta be a use for all that organic material,

Perhaps something in a blue cheese ? a stilton, gorgonzola or a roquefort…yikes o’mighty :()

Brian

Thanks for the heads-up N-P

pert plus
works every time in no time at all.

might be the sucessor to prell

– Last Updated: Jul-31-04 5:44 AM EST –

my favorite wetsuit shampoo in 1976.

Simple
a capful of bleach in a gallon or so of water. Soak shoes for a half hour or so and let dry fully in sunshine if possible. Some newspaper in the shoes assists getting them really dry. I do this often and it ALWAYS works. Same results with my farmer john.