Smelly tent

Camping+Boy Scouts+MiraZyme
I can confirm that TinaLouise’s approach works very well with the tent, boots and socks after the 2 week Boy Scout expedition. However, holding the Boy Scout down in the trash can proved to be a bigger challenge for us, especially after he reached his growth spurt and grew taller than his Old Man…

I second vinegar
Simple, low cost and easy. I had a cat that let me know he didn’t like me being gone so much by peeing on my tent. Boy, I was bummed, thinking the tent ruined.

Soaked the tent in the tub with vinegar for an hour or so, set it up, and let it dry in the sun. No more smell.

Worth a try before something more expensive. Finished up by adding something to help with the waterproofing after it dried - don’t remember what I used.

Lee

Call Tent Company
I would call the company that makes the tent. They would be the best people to answer your question. I see some reasonable ideas posted, but you want to make sure #1, it does get rid of the smell, #2, you don’t ruin the tent in the process.

-Capri

Set it up inside
mist it all down with distilled white vinegar. You can usually dillute it 50/50, but works full strength. Let it dry two days or until dry before storing. If that doesn’t do it, toss it or get used to it.

Ask Michael Phelps to come over and…
I’ve heard from a friend that if…you get some neighborhood high school kids or older former hippies and ask them to smoke some pot in it, that it will take care of it in no time.

Just make sure they are careful with the ashes.

Maybe ask Michael Phelps over…