So you can roll. Now what?

I think I will become a member.
There is nothing wrong with lazing down a river with a group of friends …actually I think we all should do that more often. Skills and training however laid back or dogmatic are all good and any opportunity should be taken advantage of whether it is on a river or an ocean. We learn by watching others just as much as any other way and group paddles are a great way to improve some skills.

I personally like longer crossings and my speed is usually higher than the normal cruising group speed. I use kayaking to work out and as a blood pressure pill. My wife likes me a lot better after i have soaked my head a few times too.

I am going to try and get to the coast not this weekend but next and get in some swells and waves and textured water. it has been a while. I have that coastal map that String suggested and will look around for someplace to throw a boat in. Might just do an overnighter and camp out after a day of paddling the coast.

Paul

Yes - have to
Gotta keep rolling as conditions increase - ocean, moving water, etc or it isn’t really going to be there.

Or you can skip the habit and lose the roll, but having bothered to get it that seems kind of a waste.

great news!
Paul

I was thinking of joining the club also. I’m kind of fast paddler and cover some distance so I wasn’t sure about how fast some these groups moved. But, it’s only like $45 for a year, most of which just pays for the insurance and other membership. And I also want to meet some new people.

It sounds like you only need to network around with some folks who know the various areas. Can’t hurt. They even have a message board.

Maybe Paddlemore will join the club and we can all schedule some more advanced adventures through the club? We could even schedule a show and go trip in a few weekends?

I’ve been paddling out in the harbor a good bit building up to head out around Morris Island and the Jetties.

Folly Beach out to the Light House is a great trip. I do it all the time. Columbia isn’t that far either for a day trip. Kind of hot to camp at night right now.

If you or Paddlemore what to meet up in a few weekends, drop me a message. Or I’ll also be joining the paddling club and we can schedule a show and go trips through there.

John