Solo Canoe - There can be only one

Try before you buy
I have a Raven and would never dream of doing nine carries in one day in the Adirondacks. Its a big boat…its meant to carry a good size paddler and forty days of supplies.

at 65 lbs it can limit where you go. I have had mine on Long Island Sound and while its seaworthy its relatively slow and unfun there.

Its a good Missouri river tripping boat, and a Maine river tripping boat and will be my choice on the upper Missouri…but from where you want to go its not quite what you want.

Yes you can say 65 lbs is not heavy, but believe me, the lighter the boat, the more you look to tossing it on the car and taking off for a new paddling venue.

Thank you
I agree 65#s is nothing to laugh at. I’ve been spoiled by the Vagabond which weighs less than half that. It’s great to be able to grab it and go so easily.

I spent the weekend paddling some of the lakes in Harriman State Park, Stony Point NY. I’m really enjoying myself and refining my paddling ability.

Thanks again for the advise, you all have given me more points to ponder. Maybe I’ll get luck on Friday and one will be available to try.