Spam Singles

No, that was eyelids & snouts.

– Last Updated: Nov-29-08 3:45 PM EST –

I love Spam fried crisp, or on a toasted English muffin with a friend egg on top.

But the single foil packs are pricey.

Fried worms or grasshoppers
would be preferred & more nutritious than Spam!

:wink:

It is fun to sing though…Spam! Spam! Spam!

Pricey, yes.
But the only way to get your Spam fix in the BWCA (no cans allowed)

Jim

SPAM needs neither a can nor a foil pack
It owes its longevity against spoilage to its own unique gelatinous mucous membrane …

Spam’s durability
goes well with government surplus cheese. It too weathers well, and with exposure to the elements develops an attractive patina.

I once read of a commune that used government surplus cheese to build housing. Commune called itself Velveeta. The cheese blocks worked pretty well, stuck together without any additional mortar, but had the unfortunate habit of melting if the cooking fire was too hot, turning into a fondue.

Jim

Think they might ever come out with …
…Spam Shingles? I’m getting a new roof this coming week, and my oh my, the price of asphalt shingles has gone up a lot. Thought maybe Spam would work almost as well, if properly sliced.

the low-sodium Spam ain’t half bad…
does it come in singles also?

as a kid I preferred that ham spread with the devil on it, do they still make that stuff?

Mmmm, cheesy Spam (nm)

but its soooooooo goooooood…
fried, with mustard and mayo on white bread…

IF it wasn;t 10 oclock I would make me some…

world war two generation tend to have a
fondness for the stuff. its worshipped in hawaii

yep

Underwood Deviled Ham
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

A grilled cheese sandwich with Underwood Deviled Ham and a bowl of Campbell’s Cream of Tomato Soup for lunch.

That brings back the memories.

Jim

sounds good to me!
something to try on the next campout!

I picked up two, foil wrapped singles
of Turkey Spam at the Grocery in Grand Marais last summer on my way into the BWCA. Jeez, I was glad to have them after getting windbound on an Island. I don’t eat Spam at home, and I don’t fry chicken on campouts.

Spam? It’s a good thing, especially in a foil packet.

I haven’t tried
the foil packs yet, though if they’re anything like the foil packs of tuna, it’s gotta be great. I love fried spam over sticky rice, gravy and fried eggs! But then, I was raised in Hawaii.

Like Spam, this post won’t die, so
a spam story. A guy I worked with at the fire dept is a big game hunter. He was in Alaska, hunting for a bear. He’d been in the brush all day was getting a bit hungry. He squated down under a tree to scope for bear, and damned if there wasn’t a can of spam laying there on the ground under the tree. The label was gone and it looked old. But he knew a spam can when he saw it. He took it back to camp. They had it for breakfast the next morning with diced potatoes and eggs. He says it was good. Just another stupid spam story.

BTW, it took me two years to finish off all the spam I bought before y2k! My family would not help.