Stohlquist vs Kokatat drysuits

Similar situation here
I had a Stohlquist Maytag Gore-Tex dry suit that started to delaminate after several years of use. Although I loved the fit and construction of the suit, I was really turned off by the response from Stohlquist. The most they would do was offer me a discount on a new suit. Sorry, that’s not a lifetime warranty and I won’t be buying from Stohlquist again.

I contacted Gore and sent in the suit for examination. Their reply was “Pick out a dry suit in the Kokatat line, tell us what size and color you want and we’ll send it to you”. I really wanted an Expedition, which was a notch above the comparable suit to the Maytag (the Gore-Tex Meridian) and I offered to pay the difference between them. They refused to take any money and sent me the Expedition suit.

THAT is outstanding customer service and it’s why I buy Gore products. I’ve has similar service with other Gore-Tex garments and even with Gore bike cables. They back their products, no questions asked.

That said, the warranty doesn’t cover abrasion damage, so Pikabike’s suit may not have been replaced, but if it had been mine, I would have sent it in anyway because of the delamination. Who knows, they may have replaced it or offered some other accommodation.

Customer service
No one can beat Kokatat. I send my suit in every year for a check up. Twice in 9 years I got called at home to let me know they were replacing my drysuit free of charge due to delamination.

Great company run by truly wonderful people. I would never consider any other make of drysuit.

Lyn

Kokatat gore-tex drysuit
not even close. You get what you pay for. Don`t let anyone tell you a $500.00 suit is equal to a $1000.00 suit.

Elvis has returned!
Couldn’t help myself from using that title.

Byron,

I’ll get some closeup pics of the Elvis on the blog especially the design of the hood and neck gasket (very stretchy latex) with the button down front cover. Pictures will do better than my explanations.

Stohlquist.com now has the Elvis up along with the pics of the EZ.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Conneciton, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org