Stopping blisters

I use Waterproof sports tape. It’s the
same stuff you use for sprains or strains except it’s waterproof. Waterproof makes it a little spongy, just right.

i dont understand
Obviously your hands are going to get wet. But don’t intentionally dunk your hands, use drip rings and open your hand as you push across. Your hands will stay fairly dry. I just paddled three hours today and my hands didn’t really get that wet. No wrinkled skin. If you avoid the bath tub hands you won’t get blisters as bad. When I’m doing races I see people dunking their hands all the time. I assume it is because they hurt and they assume this will help, but I can’t believe it does.

Btw, gloves can have the opposite of their intended effect. Your hands will sweat in them and can cause the prune.

Ryan L.

Respect to all others paddlers!
( James Fennimore Cooper Advice

Posted by: seadart on Jul-26-11 1:33 PM (EST)

“Keep your hands dry” Do you eve paddle a kayak anywhere besides in your dreams?)

Out of respect of all the others paddlers and my religious belief, I can’t say or write what should have responded to about your posting. I asked a honest question and they always have to have a person to mess up a message or a forum area. All I can say to you I hope that you are saved because you just backslide and need to asks Jesus for forgiveness. I will turn the other cheek because you may not be a believer or person to help others only yourself.

Perhaps you should ask Jesus
to cure your blisters. Let me know how that works out for you.

^full disclosure^
Seadart is not a b&b regular creeping over here to spoil your fun. He’s just a person.

maybe in salt water?
My hands are almost always soaked, I dunk them all the time, but I don’t paddle freshwater.

A good bit of manual labor keeps the callouses from letting blisters pop up. My theory anyway. But salt water? I couldn’t say.

let them go on
like a blister in the sun

also full disclosure
He is always in a bad mood. I think he comes on here when he is not busy finishing last at the latest wave competition. I appreciate the back up though. But don’t worry he always is cranky, especially about people who are larger than himself.

BTW, paddled again today for a few hours. Hands still pretty dry.

Ryan L.

prickly thread

I have always used NRS boater 3/4
gloves. I’ve had one pair 10 years. I also have a pair of cycling gloves, that as noted by another, work very well.

IMO no matter how you hold a paddle, if you paddle a lot, as I do, you will get blisters or calluses. I hate both conditions. Plus gloves help keep the sun off my skin.

I wear gloves, no matter the temp, everytime I go out.

There’s nothing bad with wanting your hands to look good.

To this person thinking
I never stated that I have stopped paddling but, just wanted to know why I always getting these blisters so if you can’t give me better answers then man up and go paddle. I do and you need to show other paddlers respect that sometimes they may not know as much as you. So in another words, no disrespect to you, if you have nothing to say then say nothing at all!

Thank you all !!!
I have a pair of gloves from my bike days while I was on the the Police force, used to bike patrol. and I’ll try the mole skin also.

Thanks to all of you for the information!

God Bless

Dennis

Kokatat Hand Jackets…
Best of luck. I use Kokotat Hand Jackets, the thinnest of the three models. They’re fingerless, have a thin neoprene back, and don’t get in the way at all.

Big thumbs up. I don’t get teh nasty base-of-the-thumb blisters anymore.

"pulling causes blisters"
Yes, I buy that, for you can’t beat the mechanical advantage of the push, so less effort required, and no blisters too.