Storm Cag: useful?

I think the person who deleted it
reembedded it in a new post. The fourth one down. Entitled “EE”.

shhh
(I’m trying to trick Cool Doc into trading!)

I think it was a joke NM

Thank you, friends.

Wow, this stormie sure has plenty of uses.

I done got me one.

I will try it out and perhaps write a Pnet review later this summer. Thank you.

I vote a big yes to carrying one
I started out many years ago with an NDK Seal Suit…nice if you ever had to glissade but had to pack and heavy-back then the coveral cag in the guise of a Seal Suit was coated cordura nylon, very stiff,very heavy, like I said you could glissage with the thing.

Next I bought the Reed/Chillcheater Coveral Cag-it give much more warmth over the Expedition Essential Coveral Cag, is easier to pack than the Seal Suit by far. I use this one during winter hikes.

When I saw the Exp Ess model I was very excited because it is almost weightless, yes its noisy in the wind but because of its weight you will have it with you, there should be no debate in your mind as should I take it or not. I keep it in the knee tube mostly.

damn!

no pfd for you bucko! :slight_smile:
valiant effort though!

Thank you.

– Last Updated: May-28-07 11:42 PM EST –

cagoule

noun
lightweight parka; waterproof

You were all right... I got the storm cag as linked above, and as always, Kokatat makes a wonderful product. you are all correct, I paddled four hours in on-off rain today, and it was delightful. Love the cag, both in and out of the water. Great over PFD, and like the breathable Tropos fabric that prevented me from dying in the heat (although some argue against breathable for cag, I understand).

Thanks for your insight. It is now an indispensible piece of my paddling gear.

i do not argue against breathable
i just do not see the breathable as an aspect of the cag that i would like…i put it on in heavy rains/weather…on off rain-i am going to get wet anyhow so that does not matter as much to me…

plus the $ difference between breathable/non-b is important to me…

r