Sultan

DIMENSIONS CORRECT…???
You noted you were 6-11, 185… Which is VERY tall and VERRRRRRY slim -such that I was reminded of Manute Bol, the shot-blocker from the NBA of a few years back. he was 7-6, but weighed in around 210 0r 220 or something like that, and in pro ball, just didn’t have the mass needed in the post.

Did you perhaps add an extra “1” to the height? Perhaps hit the 1 instead of a 2 on the weight? If not, lordy be, friend, how DO you shoehorn yourself into some of these boats? Have you trouble with foot space as well as with legroom? And I would imagine your torso length is pretty extensive, and wonder how that affects your center of mass and the boat+paddler package’s stability.

I’ve always wondered how the truly tall people of the world manage a sea kayak or ski when they

Paddle On!

-Frank in Miami

oops!
should be 5’11"…maybe fat fingers, as well…

Leak around the coaming
Check the reviews as leaking around the coaming has been identified by one reviewer as a hole that you cannot see (covered by the seat). I don’t know why you wouldn’t see the hole from the outside.

I passed on the Sultan and purchased a Boreal Design Fjord. Not near as fast but I believe more useful for what I want (fast, large rivers).

Peace

Hole in the boat

– Last Updated: Jun-30-04 6:20 PM EST –

I think that's what he had. The coaming is just not designed quite right. A bit of closed cell foam will fix it, though.