Sunglasses

Bottom Line
Buy what you want but if nothing else string a couple of rubbet bands together to hold them on your head.

Cheap or expensive, they ain’t gonna’ do you no good layin’ on the bottom.

SYOW

Cal

similar story… walked down to the

– Last Updated: Jun-17-05 3:15 AM EST –

surf with my fins and just dove right in. Never even thought about my Maui Jims 'til the spit second they got ripped off my face.... doh !
Forgot to put the chum on ..... looked for them for 20 minutes but too late. Went to the sunglass store and bought a new pair that same day ..... no comparison to anything else .... these are the best .... I just do not get how you guys can wear those cheap ones. I guess I could put this in the Fess up / good stuff thread but I do not feel my eyes are something to I have splurge on ...... worth ever hard earned dollar.

Coffee endorses functionality and
frugality. sometimes he did so with alot of vigor.

My Unusual Reason
I wear contacts and I have a problem with one flying out of my eye while paddling. My Barz goggles have vented gaskets so I don’t lose the lense. Anyway, that’s my reason.

I paid about $130 with polarized polycarbonate lenses.

Lou

Sunglasses

– Last Updated: Jun-17-05 6:27 PM EST –

This is certainly timely. Three days ago I invested in my first pair of expensive sunglasses (Maui Jims). Part of me thought spending that much was just plain nuts. However--here's one of the many things that swayed me. These have a lifetime warranty--if a lens EVER falls out, you send the glasses to them and they replace the lens for free (lens falls out of a cheapo pair, you buy yet another cheapo pair). A scratch (despite superior scratch-proofedness)? They will replace that lens. Basically, once you buy them, unless you actually lose them, you can use them forever and just keep getting them repaired at little or no cost. I was told that their customer service is excellent. I have replaced enough cheapo sunglasses because of scratches or bent or broken arms to pay for 2 pairs of Maui Jims. And I can already tell that yes, you take much better care of glasses at that price!

BTW, Sahalie sells a "sunglass PFD"--basically a croakie that floats.

http://www.sahalie.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2331&itemType=PRODUCT&sSearch=YES

I think it's worth it to spring for the best sunglasses you can comfortably afford. Better for your eyes as well.

Peggy
http://paddletales.blogspot.com

My Post Was Not Very Clear…
I just reread my post, and I guess I didn’t make it very clear. I still wear a pair of $300 presrciption Ray Bans for driving. I just wear the cheapies in the boat.

Another prop for M J …
Free replacement of temples + 8.95 shipping… new (pair) lenses are 60 they do not replace only one turn around time is a week… did it this year.