SUP Suggestions

Boardworks Raven
in both sizes is backordered at REI with no ETA. They sold out in the first few hours of the anniversary sale back on May 18. At that time they were 15% off. I ordered mine at 12:05 am the first day of the sale lol.

IIRC you can still place an order w. REI, but the sale price is gone. However, they won’t charge til the board is shipped to their store. But, who knows when that will be.

A buyer friend of mine (for a 4 store local chain in MI) told me that demand is blowing up. Boardworks couldn’t give a date on a re-order.

If you have a bead on a locally used or demo Raven 12’6", I can tell you it’s a nicely finished good looking board friendly to beginners and above. You can hardly lose by going for it. If it doesn’t suit you or hubs there are many ppl who’d take it off your hands.

I haven’t demo’d Naish but from another, larger stand up board I frequent, they are very well regarded.

no info on Hobie.

Thanks, REI said they are expecting
a shipment within 2 weeks to them, but perhaps that is a guestimate then. Not sure what I will do. Thanks.

returned one board and
bought the lighter version Ace Tec 11’6" I can carry this one

Now I ordered another board
the Surftech B1 as I tried one and liked it. Pretty hard to get so I hope my order will be filled.