Surf paddle length

Have fun!
I’m looking out my office window at a little south swell hitting the end of Sand Island outside Honolulu Harbor. It’s supposed to hold through tomorrow, which is a good thing, because I’m nowhere near being in shape to take the ski out for the first race of the season in the strong and gusty tradewinds we’re having at the moment (forecast for tomorrow is 25 knots and 11-13’ seas w/SCA for the near-shore waters, 35 knots with 22-24’ combined seas and gale warnings in the channels). That little 3’ south swell is looking pretty good!

Un Feathered
I use unfeathered, but I never really used a feathered paddle.

Santa Cruz Bonfire
W have some awesome bonfires at New Brighton Beach. There is literally tons of drift wood.

what are the rails vs chines?
is it just how the angles of the hull come together?

Read This Article

– Last Updated: Dec-04-04 10:30 AM EST –

http://www.sopsa.org/Article_Similar.htm

I read this several years ago. It made sense intellectually but it didn't really mean anything until I got into a real surf kayak.

It also means that before I get to Santa Cruz, I have to get back to surfing with a white water boat and actually relearn the "limitations" of what can be done on carving a wave with such a boat. I don't to want surf in the intermediate K1 (white water boats) with the ingrained body memory of what is capable in my surf boat but not in a ww boat.

sing