Tandem Kayak Question

double kayak.
Depending on how light you travel, why not a Fenn Mako XT double - faster than any sea kayak, well under 75lbs, a rudder, and the safety of a surfski.

Get a couple of wing paddles, and you’ll easily outrun boats in the harbor with a 5-6mph limit.

www.oceanpaddlesports.com . It can handle any conditons that are reasonable to be out in on the LI Sound or sheltered waters.

Nigel Foster Double Shot
Does anyone know anything about these. I saw them mentioned on another thread. They look promising but may be hard to find.

Paddled the Mako XT Tandem and
could not wipe the smile off my face … even now thinking about it. I just kept saying “man this thing is fun” Comphy seating + ergonomics, way faster than most ‘touring’ kayaks AND super stable.

The new SEDAs are not your Dad’s SEDA of old … Jim and John are now doing some of the cleanest layups in the industry. Call and talk directly to the owners of the company.

Clacking paddles … soo many ‘problems’ but so many options.

Get the right paddle for the less strong paddler for the pace you intend to keep@ distance you intend to paddle first. ZERO compromises here IMO. Work on your crusing speed and find the less strong paddlers comfortable cadence first.

Then balance things out for the stronger paddler … usually going to a bigger blade with adjustable length for when the less strong paddler starts slowing down … stronger paddler can bump theirs out a little longer just to help with cadence syncronicity.

Also does not hurt to have the adjustable length on the Bigger paddle go down to correct size for the less strong paddle just to use as something different.

Check out the Westside Bullitt
It is out of Carbon Kevlar.

If you are talking about two or three foot swells and not whitecaps, it should do fine.

It is 23 feet long and 20" wide and weighs in at around 45 pounds.

It comes in under your budget too

We are thouroughly enjoying ours although we have not tested it in rough conditions yet.

I’ll report again shortly after we get it in some rough water.

Just jumped on WiFi here in the Florida Keys and are not always on the net, but if you have specific questions, e-mail me and I’ll get back sooner or later

Cheers,

JackL

tandem
The Impex “Temiskawa” is a great tandem. I own one in Kevlar, it’s about 82 pounds (I think). I am very pleased at how it handles in big (4’) waves and wind. The cockpits are far enough apart so that paddlers don’t interfere with each other, (within reason.) My friend has one just like it for sale (Too many kayaks). If interested, e-mail me at janejerrysmith@wideopenwest.com and I’ll set you up with him. (Detroit MI area)