Tangential to solo etiquette post

Physically Fit Doofus
This sort of describes a guy who has joined in on some of the early morning bike rides. He’s strong but he won’t effectively draft. He does all this unnecessary pushing and pulling with his hands and arms causing the bike to continually wobble. If he were to ASK for some pointers I’d gladly help him. If I start volunteering help it makes me look like a know-it-all ass.

Steer clear of him!
Crash test doofus.

The old Cat, IV packs were dotted with enough of those to cause some spectacular pileups. I guess they are now called Cat. V.

Never happened, but yes
I almost always paddle alone on flat water and easy rivers, and don’t recall anyone ever asking to join me. If they did, I’d say yes, especially if they seemed like a novice, unless there was something obviously off-putting about them. Why not? How bad could it turn out?

?
SOME ARE SOME AREN’T…

too busy feeling seeing absorbing not drowning planning focusing tuning analyzing being…

OTOH…some help along on the Deschutes last rapid is welcome…just in caso…

then what if NNNNOUH or Jacobson or Schuman wanted to come along…what then Muir ?

No not that Jacobson…

Never happens
99% of my solo boating is poling - upstream first. No one asks at the put-in to tag along. If anyone ever did and had the equipment though, I would gladly invite - maybe for nothing else than the entertainment…mine or his.

If I’m paddling solo, it’s because I want to be alone. I can find people to paddle with when I want to.