Tents

Okay
So, it’s a fancy upgraded design with “Timberline” in the name. They still make a basic, simple Timberline, which is instantly recognizable as such.

In any case, I guess it does NOT have mesh sides.

El Capitan 3
Really well made, waterproof and the 3 person is very roomy for two people with very good height. About 8lbs. Feel very secure in mine. well priced comparatively with other tents of the same quality.

Since you
are just getting your feet wet with a tent, for the uses which you are stating, I am going a different way than the other posts.

http://www.target.com/p/coleman-sundome-3-tent/-/A-10489129

7x7 coleman sundome, buy 2 cans of camp dry and give it a good coat. 50 bucks for the tent.

I have much better tents, and I have backpacking tents, and I have a taj-ma-tent that has more sq footage than my first apartment, and I still have the Sundome. The Coleman is a good unit that for car camping and fairish weather camping in 3 seasons. It ISNT a great tent, but you are camping in campgrounds in mild weather and it is enough for that. 7x7 is a decent size for two people. Lots of room for you and gear. The one I have was used as a car camping tent, then got used pretty hard when my son started scouts, I keep it sealed, and replaced the poles once in 20 years. It is still my loaner and tent for the girls.

Once you figure out if you like camping and or camping and floating, then I will help you spend whatever you can almost afford on a whole lot of gear, but buying a Kelty 4 season when you are just getting your toe wet, IMHO, isnt the way to go.

My go to tent is a hammock, however if I am pretty sure that the weather is going to be worse than showers, or the temp is below freezing, I will take a Eureka http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Forte-SQ-2XT-sleeps/dp/B002PB0H82 and I looked at a lot before I settled on it. The vestibules are nice to have for your boots. I solo it so my pack goes inside. I have camped in this tent from real hot to where it looked like a iced turtle and it works.

Eureka Apex Pro 2XT
This has been perfect for me and my overnight trips… had it for over 5 years and no issues.

http://www.ecanopy.com/ect-2629100.html?productid=ect-2629100&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=GoogleProducts&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=FeedPerfect&gclid=CO_Kyci50sACFcZQ7AodUFQAWw

dry ?

Looks like a Hillary ! But the fly ?

Gunnison has an engineered fly sucks down onto ground at 15-20mph. Fly extends into an entry vestibule placing the one side vestibule wall windward. Tent is shaped for windward positioning.

No mesh sides for the Timberline ? Antiquo…wasting camping time caving when you would be expanding in a good weather mesh wall. Mesh walls have flys for wetness.

I did a hurricane in a boy scout A tent, very entertaining packing walls with bags then bracing feet and back as the storms wall came thru. We made it but the walk out was 8" deep.

hurricane
inside A cave was like riding in a balloon. Tent was flexing, bulging one side, easing the opposite, pumping up and down. Max !