This is my geese manager

@Overstreet said:
This is my geese manager

Good dog!

That’s my squirrel personal trainer

Overstreet, is that dog’s name Riker?

@tjalmy said:

Yes, named after LtC Riker on Star Trek. More recently from High Springs camp site next to yours I think.

@Rookie said:
Not sure what the difference is between “Lake” and “lake”.

One of them has a dock. Think about it, because it isn’t funny if I have to explain it. :smile:

@Rookie said:
Not sure what the difference is between “Lake” and “lake”.

Lake:
I think, in this country we have 5 of them, you know, because they’re ‘Great’
lake:
everything else, because, while they may be great lakes, they aren’t Great Lakes.
(kind of like geese, while they may be Canada Geese, they may or may not be Canadian)

@raisins said:
(kind of like geese, while they may be Canada Geese, they may or may not be Canadian)

But like Canadians the geese come down here in the winter and a lot of them don’t leave?

“they are a nuisance and a disgusting health hazard”…so are human beings…

@pitmartin said:

Are we talking about the geese or the Canadians now? :neutral:

Both.

@pitmartin said:

We humans have been trying forever to rid the earth of us. Maybe some day we’ll succeed.

@Overstreet said:

@tjalmy said:

Yes, named after LtC Riker on Star Trek. More recently from High Springs camp site next to yours I think.

Yup, it was nice to meet you guys. I hope we can get together for a paddle trip sometime.

@DrowningDave said:
Both.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

@Overstreet said:

@raisins said:

But like Canadians the geese come down here in the winter and a lot of them don’t leave?

But as Raisins said they may not “be” Canadian In the 80s FWC penned up some Canada’s and made them into residents so we could have a goose season. Thus they were no longer from Canada.

Finally someone found a good use for the Canadian Goose.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article225178030.html