The good the bad and the ugly!

Obviously you have
never had a 20+ ft power boat circle you at half off the plane five or six times as close as he could turn. I can’t think he had good intentions.

As for me, I’m getting a flare pistol. First shot goes across the bow, second shot I’ll try to put it in the boat with him.

Nope…
has not happened to me. I was out with a group of kayakers once. Two PWC were cruising down a channel and were a good 200 yards away from us. Yet, one of our group starting flipping out, yelling, cursing, waving his paddle around. I was embarassed to say the least.

Like I said, there are “bad apples” but they are in kayak barrels as well as the pwc and powerboat barrels.

Yeah, If you feel realistically threatened, shoot the darn flare into their cabin. I believe in self defense.

sing

kill 'em with kindness
Thanksgiving weekend 1978 a big group of us from San Diego State were taking a canoe trip down the Colorado south of Palo Verde. Some water skiers had been getting deliberately close, trying to swamp us with their wakes. This was in a preserve, where they weren’t even supposed to be water skiing.

At some point we’d rafted-up two canoes. There was a boy and a girl in each canoe. The girls were sunning themselves with their tops off. The gal in my canoe was QUITE well-endowed. Around the bend comes the ski boat. The skier gets a look at the gal, does a double take, his jaw drops open, and he does the most spectacular arse-over-teakettle wipeout I’ve ever seen. We laughed for hours!